Discussions in Contracts: Mailbox Rule Podcast
The topic of this podcast is the basic concepts related to communications in the contracting process governed by the Mailbox Rule. More particularly, we will look at the rules governing the effect of an offeree’s response by mail or an offeror’s attempt to revoke an offer using the mail. At the conclusion of this podcast you should be able to (1) explain and apply the mailbox rule, in particular: (i) acceptances are effective upon dispatch and (ii) rejections and revocations of offers are effective upon receipt; and (2) apply the rule in the cases of multiple or overlapping communications.
More like this
- Lessons by Subject Outline- Contracts
- U.C.C. § 2-207: Formation of the Contract: Discussions in Contracts Podcast
- U.C.C. § 2-207: Finding the Terms of the Contract: Discussions in Contracts Podcast
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Remedies: Discussions in Contracts (Podcast)
- Battle of the Forms (UCC 2-207) PodCast