The following CALI law lessons (and podcasts) have been reviewed and are also recommended for legal studies and paralegal students.
Lessons marked with an asterik ** are written specifically for legal studies, paralegal and undergraduate students.
Faculty should download the Teacher's Manual to read the peer review of this lesson. The Teacher's Manual includes suggested course adoption for many of these lessons, as well.
- **The 4 Cs of Contracts - Part 1 - Consent and Capacity - Mary Hatfield Lowe (LS01); 25 minutes
- ** The 4 Cs of Contracts - Part 2 - Consideration and Complies with the Law and/or Public Policy - Mary Hatfield Lowe (LS02); 25 minutes
- "Anatomy of a Case" - Brian Huddleston (LR47); 15 minutes
- "Are You My Partner? Is This a Partnership?" - Debra Cohen (BA08); 50 minutes
- "Has a Partnership Formed? -Podcast" - Debra Cohen (BA08 P); 8 minutes
- "Bilateral & Unilateral Contracts" - Jennifer Martin (CON45); 40 minutes
- "Drafting Contracts Using 'Shall', 'May' and 'Must'" - Debra Cohen (LWR05); 45 minutes
- "Introduction to Agency: Defining Agency Relationships" - Linda Smiddy (BA03); 50 minutes
- "Legal Research 101: The Tools of the Trade" - Sheri Lewis (LWR08); 40 minutes
- "The Marital Status" - Len Biernat (FAM23); 40 minutes
- "Statutory Interpretation" - Ronald Brown (LCS03); 1 hour
- "Where Does Law Come From?" - Diane Murley (LCS04); 1 hour
Advanced lessons are generally not recommended for paralegal-level students, but can be used if you already have a grasp of the concepts or are looking for a challenge.
- "Acceptance" - Martin, McKinnon, Grohman & Brown (CON61); 1.5 hours
- "Contract for Purchase and Sale 1: Formation and Terms" - Grohman (PPL43); 45 minutes
- "Covenants of Title and Types of Deeds" - Grohman and Brown (PPL63); 55 minutes