Warranties: Discussions in Contracts Podcast
The topic of this podcast is a basic overview of when warranties are given for the sales of goods under Article 2 of the UCC. An additional podcast will discuss how warranties can be disclaimed or limited. The primary issue in warranty law is what is the level of quality that a buyer can expect in a contract for goods. This podcast will introduce you to express warranties (§ 2-313), implied warranties (§ 2-312), warranty of merchantability (§ 2-314), and implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose (§ 2-315). At the conclusion of this podcast you should be able to (1) identify the various warranties that are given by the Code in transactions involving the sale of goods; and (2) explain the remedy the buyer is entitled to when there is a breach of warranty.
More like this
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Remedies: Discussions in Contracts (Podcast)
- Discussions in Contracts: Statute of Frauds Podcast
- Lessons by Subject Outline- Contracts
- U.C.C. § 2-207: Formation of the Contract: Discussions in Contracts Podcast
- U.C.C. § 2-207: Finding the Terms of the Contract: Discussions in Contracts Podcast