District of Columbia Legal Research: Secondary Resources
This is an introductory lesson about using District of Columbia secondary sources. The secondary sources that are featured in this lesson will help students when they are searching for pertinent discussion and information about District of Columbia law and references to relevant District of Columbia primary sources of law.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Distinguish primary and secondary sources.
2. Explain the function of secondary sources.
3. List several types of legal periodicals.
4. List the steps in an effective research plan.
5. Explain the purpose of a treatise.
6. Distinguish treatises from practice materials.