Learn from the experts!
Declining applications and the legal marketplace recession creates a more complex and competitive market for legal education and lawyers. Many of the fixes have a technology component like distance learning, formative assessment, virtual law practice, law practice tech, document and process automation to name a few. Many technologies that have proven themselves in other places are finally being looked at for legal education and law practice – they are no longer dangerous.
Whether you are a law librarian, law faculty, associate dean, or IT administrator, we have something for you at CALIcon16. From June16-18, we’ve got 3-days packed with networking, sponsor exhibits, and 55 educational sessions with ideas and tools to make your law school more competitive. Register today to sign up to these sessions:
Session title: Law Firm Tech – What They Know, What They Want to Know, and What They Need to Know in Practice
- Sarah Mauldin, Director of Library Services @ Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP & Maureen Cahil, Student Services Librarian @ University of Georgia School of Law
Session title: Combining Legal Research Pedagogy, Pro Bono and Experiential Learning in the First Year Curriculum at the University of Tennessee
- Kris Tobin, Assistant Professor and Reference Librarian @ University of Tennessee College of Law
Session title: Advanced Legal Research Instruction: New Opportunities in Blended Learning
- Shannon Roddy, Special Projects Librarian @ American University Washington College of Law & Amy Taylor, Associate Law Librarian @ American University Washington College of Law
Session title: 12 Years of Student Technology Ownership Surveys: Trends and Today’s Opportunities for Richer Learning Experiences
- Rich McCue, Systems Administrator @ University of Victoria & Will Monroe, Head of Instructional Technology @ Louisiana State University Law Center
Session title: Microlearning Legal Research
- Eliza Fink, Digital Resource Librarian @ Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law & Ann Walsh Long, Information Services Librarian @ Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law
P.S. Don’t forget to reserve your hotel room! CALIcon16 has a great selection at the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta. Check them out>>