CALL FOR SPEAKERS
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
Arizona State University
Thursday – Friday
June 15 – 16, 2017
Conference website at http://2017.calicon.org/
The theme for this year’s conference is…
The Changing Rhythm of Legal Education
Change continues to pulse through legal education. The patterns and flow of legal education are shifting as law students, law faculty, law schools, and law practice adjust to the dynamic environment. The challenge of new standards for legal education and new technology for law practice are part of the new rhythms facing our community. CALIcon17 seeks to explore these challenges, examining how new standards and technologies and the dynamic environment are changing the rhythm of legal education.
For over 25 years, CALIcon has organized its schedule at nearly the last minute in order to bring the most relevant and up-to-date presentations to attendees. This year is no different and we are looking for law school faculty, librarians, and technologists with strong opinions, great ideas, interesting projects, and useful advice. Come and share and be challenged. If you are willing and able to speak, your conference registration fee is just $95!
All sessions are 1 hour long with 30 minute breaks between sessions. Almost everything will be recorded and posted online.
To propose a session, just visit http://2017.calicon.org/propose-a-session/ and fill out the form. Sessions need to be submitted by Friday April 7, 2017. All sessions need to be submitted through the CALIcon17 website.
We are going to use community voting to help with selecting sessions this year. Your votes let us know which sessions you would like to see on the conference agenda. Starting on Monday April 10, 2017 voting will be opened and will remain open until Friday April 21, 2017. The number of votes for a session will be taken into consideration as part of the session acceptance process and to help with scheduling. To vote you will just need to visit the conference website and vote for the sessions you would like to see on the agenda. You do not need to be registered for the conference to vote.
We will notify speakers via email by Wednesday May 3, 2017 if their session is accepted. The listing of accepted sessions will be posted on the conference website on Wednesday May 3, 2017.
Conference hotel and registration information is available at http://2017.calicon.org/ now.
- Early Bird Registration (expires 5/31/17)
- $250 for attendees from CALI member law schools
- $450 for attendees from non-member institutions
- Regular Registration (after 5/31/2017)
- $295 for attendees from CALI member law schools
- $695 for attendees from non-CALI member institutions
- $95 for speakers from CALI member schools
- $495 for speakers from non-CALI member schools
- $ Free for CALI Authors and CEB members
- 2017 Conference hashtag is #CALIcon17
- Follow CALI on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CALIorg
- Subscribe to the CALI Blog at spotlight.cali.org for updates.
- Questions, problems, ideas, suggestions, contact Elmer Masters – email@example.com.