New CALI Podcast Available to share with your students
This podcast by Professor Scott J. Burnham discusses the priority between a secured party and a party with a lien, including a judicial lien creditor, a creditor with a lien arising by operation of law, a creditor with an agricultural lien, and the IRS with a tax lien. The podcast discusses the relationship between Bankruptcy Code § 544(a), often referred to as “the strong arm clause,” and a PMSI (Purchase Money Security Interest).
On completion of the podcast, the student will be able to:
1. Identify a judicial lien creditor.
2. Identify a creditor with a lien arising by operation of law.
3. Identify, a creditor with an agricultural lien.
4. Explain when the IRS will levy a tax lien.
5. Determine whether the lien or a security interest has priority in the collateral.
A transcript of this podcast is here.