How do I get started with CALI Lawbooks?
- Make sure you have a valid CALI account.
- Once logged in you are taken to your Lawbooks profile page. From here you can create your new book or manage existing books.
- Before getting started take a few minutes to review the info on the profile page and add any additional information you'd like.
- For the site domain, keep it short, letters and numbers, no spaces or special characters. We recommend something like lastnametopic to keep it simple and easy to type.
- For site title feel free to use the full title of the book.
- Set the privacy option to no while you are working on the book. You'll be able to change this later.
- Hit the create site button to create the new book.
- Your book is created and you are taken to the dashboard for the book, all ready for you to start adding content.
- In the new book's dashboard click on Appearance and set the active theme to Open Textbooks if it isn't already set. Using the Open Textbook theme activates a number of useful features in Lawbooks.
- Click on Text to open the Organize page and delete the sample content that was created
- This will reduce confusion later