The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize the learner with Ohio legal research materials. The lesson will focus on primary source materials in Ohio, including case law, statutes, administrative materials, and court rules.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Identify primary source materials.
2. Describe the structure of the Ohio judicial system.
3. Explain where judicial decisions are published.
4. Discuss how a bill becomes a law in Ohio.
5. Explain the two major rulemaking procedures in Ohio.
6. Contrast the official with the annotated administrative code.
7. Analyze how to structure a research assignment using primary resources.