Priority Between a Secured Party and a Party with a Lien: Discussions in Secured Transactions Podcast
This podcast discusses the priority between a secured party and a party with a lien, including a judicial lien creditor, a creditor with a lien arising by operation of law, a creditor with an agricultural lien, and the IRS with a tax lien. The podcast discusses the relationship between Bankruptcy Code § 544(a), often referred to as “the strong arm clause, and a PMSI (Purchase Money Security Interest).
On completion of the podcast, the student will be able to:
1. Identify a judicial lien creditor.
2. Identify a creditor with a lien arising by operation of law.
3. Identify, a creditor with an agricultural lien.
4. Explain when the IRS will levy a tax lien.
5. Determine whether the lien or a security interest has priority in the collateral.
More like this
- Lessons by Subject Outline- Secured Transactions
- Secured Transactions: Priority: Purchase Money Security Interests (PMSI) Part 1 Podcast
- Purchase Money Security Interests Part II: Discussions in Secured Transactions Podcast
- Secured Transactions: Priority: Sellers v. Secured Parties Podcast
- CANINE: Article Nine Problems / Chapter 26- Secured Party Versus Lien Creditor, Future Advances, and Bankruptcy