This lesson will cover how to conduct legal research about the U.S. Constitution and the constitutions of individual states.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Apply techniques using both traditional print and online resources to research the U.S. Constitution and individual state constitutions.
2. Locate cases that deal with general legal principles of constitutional law.
3. Choose the best secondary resource for a particular task when conducting research into American constitutions.
4. Review the concept of judicial review and find resources that discuss it.
5. Discuss the amendment process for state constitutions.