Thanks for registering on the CALI website!
Your CALI account gives you access to a wide array of legal education resources including CALI Lessons, free to download open access eLangdell Books, and Lawdibiles Podcasts. All of this is made possible through your school's continued membership in CALI.
CALI® is the innovative force pushing legal education toward change for the better.
The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction, also known as CALI, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit consortium of mostly US law schools that conducts applied research and development in the area of computer-mediated legal education. The organization is best known in law schools for CALI Lessons, online interactive tutorials in legal subjects, and CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (CALI Awards), given to the highest scorer in a law school course at many CALI member law schools. Nearly every US law school is a member of CALI.
OK, what can I do now that I'm here?
Good question. If you're a law student we recommend taking a look at the following to familiarize yourself with the sorts of things we offer:
- Sources of American Law: An Introduction to Legal Research, 4th edition
- Law School Materials for Success
- The eLangdell Bookstore generally
- Metacognition - from our Law School Succcess series
- IRAC - Issue, Rule, Application/Analysis, Conclusion: the basic structure of written legal analysis
- Introduction to State and Federal Statutes
- Browse all the CALI Lessons
- Visit the Search page to find just the thing you're looking for
- Got questions? Check out the FAQs or drop us a note
If you're a law faculty, law librarian, law school technologist, or adminstrator we have special features for you:
- LessonText - see all of a Lesson in a single web page; great way to evaluate Lessons for your courses
- LessonLink - create custom, trackable links for Lessons that let you assign Lessons and view and analyze your students scores
- LessonLive - use CALI Lessons and QuizWright Quizzes live in the classroom and get real-time results and analytics
- QuizWright - a formative assessment tool for legal education that allows teachers to build personalized questions banks and create quizzes that are published for students on the CALI website.
- Teacher's Manuals for many eLangdell Press titles