Creating a LessonLink is very easy! The whole process takes about five minutes.
- Make sure you are logged into CALI with a Faculty account.
- Go to the LessonLink page on the CALI website.
- Click the link to "Create LessonLinks".
- Enter your course name. This can be anything you would like.
- Pick the semester in which students will be taking the LessonLink, not when you are making it.
- Select the CALI topic area which best describes your course. If you are teaching a class that covers more than one legal subject area, don't worry! You can back later and select another topic.
- A list of all the CALI Lessons tagged with that subject will appear. You can then check the box next to the lessons that you would like to create LessonLinks for.
- Click "Create LessonLinks" at the bottom of the page.
At this point you will be taken to a page that is titled the name of the course you entered in Step 4 above. This page will have all the LessonLinks you have created. There will also be an option to continue creating LessonLinks and add them to this course's list of LessonLinks. You should also receive an email with the URLs of your course page and LessonLinks. The URL of the course page or the URLs of each individual LessonLink can be shared with your students via email, TWEN or any other means of communication. (Note: You can put a LessonLink URL into a Microsoft Word document, but students won't be able to Ctrl-Click to follow the link. This is a limitation of Word and not LessonLink. Converting to PDF is your best option. This article explains all the gory details). It depends on whether you wish to allow the students to view all of the LessonLinks at once or if you prefer to make them available on a timed basis. To view student scores and performance, go to your "Current LessonLinks" dashboard. From there you can click the "details" button to view more information.