Washington State Legal Research: Primary Resources
This lesson is designed to introduce students to Washington's primary law: cases, statutes, and regulations. Although the lesson can be used as a standalone tool, it can also be used to supplement other forms of instruction such as classroom lectures or demonstrations. The questions provide students with ongoing feedback as they learn.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Explain the structure of the State of Washington's government.
2. List sources for Washington case law.
3. Distinguish between annotated and unannotated codes.
4. Explain the difference between statutes and regulations.
5. Create a strategy for research using primary resources.