This lesson provides an introduction into Oregon legal research sources and methods. Using a hypothetical about recreational marijuana, the lesson shows you how to research Oregon law.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources.
2. Explain why the most efficient way to research is to start with secondary sources.
3. List at least three secondary sources.
4. Contrast at least one secondary source from another.
5. List Oregon's primary legal resources.
6. Choose one primary resource and discuss how to locate it.