Discussions in Contracts: Offer Podcast
The topic of this podcast is the basic concepts related to offers. In particular, the podcast examines the basic attributes of offers and also looks at the particular types of communications that are typically not offers, such as advertisements and price quotations. Cases discussed include Lefkowitz v. Great Minneapolis Surplus Store (fur coat ad) and Fairmont Glass Works v. Cruden-Martin Woodenware Co. (mason jars). At the conclusion of this podcast you should be able to (1) identify the elements of an offer; (2) identify commitment to the offer; (3) explain the concepts of certainty of terms and communication to the offeree; and (4) determine when an advertisement or catalogue or price quotation is an offer.
More like this
- Discussions in Contracts: Option Contracts and Firm Offers Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Mailbox Rule Podcast
- Contracts: Unconscionability and Reasonable Expectations Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Acceptance Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Manner of Acceptance: Bilateral and Unilateral Contracts Podcast