Discussions in Contracts: Acceptance Podcast
The topic of this podcast is the basic concepts related to acceptance of an offer. Acceptance is simply the name given to the action of an offeree in making the offeror’s promise enforceable. This podcast will look at the basic attributes of acceptance, as well as specific issues related to the mirror image rule, the permitted method and manner of acceptance, and acceptance by silence. At the conclusion of this podcast you will be able to (1) explain that acceptance is the promise given in response to an offer; and (2) identify and apply the criteria for an acceptance: (i) commitment to the terms of the offer, (ii) in the method and manner invited or required by the offer; and (iii) made by a person to whom the offer is directed while the offer is still open.
More like this
- Discussions in Contracts: Option Contracts and Firm Offers Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Mailbox Rule Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Manner of Acceptance: Bilateral and Unilateral Contracts Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Duration of Offers Podcast
- Silence as Acceptance: Discussions in Contracts Podcast