Discussions in Contracts: Mutual Assent Podcast
The topic of this podcast is the basic concepts related to mutual assent to a contract. In particular, we will look at the requirements for contract formation, particularly the promises that indicate assent. We will also look at what is a sufficient manifestation of assent.
On completion of the podcast, the student will be able to:
1. Describe the objective “reasonable person” standard applied to determine whether parties have manifested assent to a contract, particularly where a party has a different subjective intent, or social engagement is intended.
More like this
- Discussions in Contracts: Misunderstanding and Mistake Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Option Contracts and Firm Offers Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Fraud and Misrepresentation Podcast
- Discussions in Contracts: Defenses Overview Podcast
- Modifications and the Pre-existing Duty Rule: Discussions in Contracts Podcast