Transient Jurisdiction, General Jurisdiction, and Domicile
This is a lesson on two types of personal jurisdiction: transient and general. This lesson also covers the important related topic of domicile.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Define the legal concept of domicile.
2. State the holding of Pennoyer v. Neff.
3. Define transient jurisdiction.
4. Define general jurisdiction.
5. Distinguish general from transient jurisdiction.
6. Analyze a problem for domicile issues.