Minnesota Legal Research: Primary Resources
This lesson is designed to familiarize the user with materials used in Minnesota legal research. The focus of the lesson is Minnesota's primary source materials.
On completion of the lesson, the student will be able to:
1. Define primary authority.
2. List primary source materials for Minnesota.
3. Explain how to locate a statute in the official code of Minnesota.
4. Explain why a researcher would use administrative materials.
5. Describe how to use digests to locate relevant cases for a research problem.